GREAT ENVIRONMENT WITH HUGE OPPORTUNITY:
- 3,000 years of mining history
- Over 1,000 identified ancient gold mining sites in the Eastern Desert, where Abu Marawat is located
- Vastly under explored area in modern times
- Excellent infrastructure
- Low cost skilled workforce and operating environment
- Government focused on building it’s mining industry
A CORNERSTONE OF THE EGYPTIAN MINING INDUSTRY:
- Aton is well known throughout Egypt and Aton knows Egypt
- Aton is one of the most experienced mining companies in Egypt
- Aton has operated in Egypt since 2007
- Aton maintains a strong working relationship with it’s partners EMRA
- Aton is followed actively in the Egyptian press
- Aton is active in Egyptian business organizations, like the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt
- Aton runs an active training program and the majority of it’s staff are local
- Aton is very active in it’s community
GOLDEN TRIANGLE PROJECT
The Golden Triangle Project is a government initiative to expand infrastructure and promote business development in a 6,000 square kilometre corridor extending from the Red Sea cities of Safaga and Al Qusayr to Qena in Upper Egypt. Importantly, the Abu Marwat Concession is located in the Golden Triangle.
The project seeks to establish a new industrial capital city through constructing a global, touristic, mining, economic, commercial, and industrial centre. It will also create a logistic and economic centre northwest of Safaga, which will operate mining activities to make use of the Eastern Desert’s Golden Triangle.
For marine ports, several platforms will be built in Safaga Port for containers, public goods, or dry moulding, 5 kilometres alongside the coast, with a total capacity of 30 million tonnes.