The Company is on the ground floor of an emerging mining jurisdiction – Egypt
Aton Resources Inc. (AAN-V) is a gold exploration and development company focused on the Arabian-Nubian Shield in Egypt. The Company holds a substantial land package of 738 square kilometers at its Abu Marawat concession.
Four-lane highways and high-voltage power lines cross the Company’s two concessions. A railway line crosses Abu Marawat Concession and leads to the nearby deep water port at Safaga on the Red Sea Coast.
The Abu Marawat Concession covers large area in the Central Eastern Desert of Egypt and underlain by the greenstone belt of the Arabian-Nubian Shield. These same rocks are host to Zara Gold Mine (Koka) and Nevsun’s Bisha in Eritrea, La Mancha’s Hassai in Sudan and Centamin’s Sukari in Egypt. Sukari is located 280 kilometers to the southeast of Hamama, along the same structural gold trend and in the same host rocks of the Eastern Desert. The Arabian-Nubian Shield is a newly emerging mining frontier. Similar geological settings include the greenstone belts of the Yilgarn of Western Australia, the Birimian of West Africa and the Abitibi in Quebec, Canada.
- Mining district scale potential similar geographically to Noranda that includes historical gold mines and areas of substantial ancient workings
- Flagship VMS gold project Hamama has a 3+ kilometer long mineralized main horizon and contains Hamama West, Hamama Central and Hamama East
- Hamama West is in resource drilling stage
- 397,000 NI 43-101 inferred Resource at Abu Marawat
- Portfolio of projects containing historic and ancient gold mines
- Technical team with record of making discoveries and financing projects through development stage
- Experienced Board of Directors and Advisors
- Proven in-country expertise and operational knowledge
- Long-term investors who support the vision of the Company
- Excellent infrastructure includes nearby highways, high-voltage power lines and a railroad that cross the concession plus a deep-water port at Safaga.
Rick Cavaney is Aton Resources’ Exploration Manager. He has over forty-five years of experience in the mining industry and was formally an exploration manager with Centamin at Sukari and Abu Marawat for eight years. As a fellow of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (Aus.I.M.M) is a competent person under the Joint Ore Resources committee (JORC) Code and is a qualified person, as such term is defined in NI 43-101 of the Canadian Securities Administrators.